Over the weekend please read pages 876 - 894 and take notes on the following:
- Why did the "bipolar world" come to an end? (pgs. 876-879)
- Who was Mikhail Gorbachev and what did he do? (pg. 877)
- Why did the Persian Gulf war begin and what was the outcome? (pgs. 878-879)
- What happened to the world population between 1950 and 2000? (pg. 880)
- What has happened to the gap between rich and poor nations between 1945 and the present? (pg. 885)
- Where are people immigrating and why are they immigrating to those places? (pg. 887)
- Look at the map on page 892. Which region will be most concerned with water resources in the coming decades, the Middle East, China, or Europe?