In class on Friday, please complete the Actively Learn assignment that I have posted in the AP World History section (class code is e00d1 in case there are any issues). For homework over the weekend, please read pages 339-347 from your textbook, which cover the Ming Dynasty in China (which follows the Mongol Yuan Dynasty) and several other events in East Asia. There might be a quiz on Monday so be sure to take good notes. I will update this post over the weekend to include specific things to look for as you read.
- Who was Hongwu and what is significance to the Ming Dynasty?
- What did the Ming Dynasty do in terms of relations with Central Asia and the Middle East?
- Who was Yongle and what is his significance to the Ming Dynasty?
- Who was Zheng He and what did he accomplish during the time of the Ming Dynasty?
- Why did the reimplementation of the examination system hurt commerce in Ming China?
- How was the Choson kingdom in Korea view of the Mongols similar to that of Ming China?
- How was the Kamakura Shogunate in Japan similar to European feudalism?
- What was the kamikaze and how did it help Japan defeat the Mongol invaders?
- What led to the merger of Dat Viet and Champa in modern day Vietnam?